Famed Navy SEAL pushes back after Trump amplifies baseless bin Laden conspiracy theory

Source: Politico | October 14, 2020 | Connor O’Brien

The response from the former Navy SEAL came after the president on Tuesday retweeted a QAnon-linked account that promoted a baseless conspiracy theory.

The former Navy SEAL known for his role in the operation that killed Osama bin Laden is pushing back after President Donald Trump amplified conspiracy theories that the terrorist leader’s death was a hoax.

Robert O’Neill, who says he killed bin Laden in the 2011 raid, has rebuffed Trump and others in several tweets for promoting the conspiracy theory that bin Laden’s body double was instead killed.

“Very brave men said [goodbye] to their kids to go kill Osama bin Laden. We were given the order by President Obama. It was not a body double,” O’Neill tweeted on Tuesday. “Thank you Mr. President. Happy birthday @USNavy.”

The response from the former Navy SEAL came after the president on Tuesday retweeted a QAnon-linked account that promoted a baseless conspiracy theory alleging that bin Laden is still alive and his body double was instead killed. The account has since been suspended. Trump retweeted another video on Wednesday promoting conspiracy theories about bin Laden’s death.

……..

O’Neill, a Trump supporter who was banned from all Delta flights in August after he published a photo of himself not wearing a mask in the cabin, pushed back against the conspiracy theory in several tweets.

“Shit. I just found out that I killed Osama bin Johnson. Drinks are on me, I guess…” O’Neill added Tuesday evening.

……..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #43704

Consistent #43705

Consistent #43706

Consistent #43707

Consistent #43708

Consistent #43709

ConservativeGranny #43710

If the GOP cared even one iota about this country and its people they would use the 25th now. This lunatic is going to cause so much damage between now and January including the loss of many lives due to his herd immunity beliefs. His mental illness is out of control and it is obvious. How long is this going to go on? Indeed we need some constitutional changes to insure that this never happens again. Will he sell secrets to our enemies? He has no morality whatsoever and he is a very vindictive man. The damage from Donald Trump will continue until the day he dies. He will never stop.

EVERYDAY #43712

The GOP should have had Trump removed from office long before this. As it is now, any attempt to evict him from the premises will facilitate the uprising of Trump’s supporters including violent fringe groups like the Proud Boys.

No, Granny, it will be up to us to remove him from office via the ballot box. And it has to be by a wide margin so the Electoral College will have to declare Biden the winner. I don’t like voting Democrat, but it has to be. We can’t depend on anyone else but ourselves.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.