Fauci says he was ‘stunned’ by boos from Trump supporters over booster…

Source: The Hill | December 26, 2021 | Sarakshi Rai

Fauci says he was ‘stunned’ by boos from Trump supporters over booster revelation

Anthony Fauci on Sunday said he was “dismayed” and “stunned” when former President Trump was booed by his supporters when he told them during a speaking tour that he has received a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot.

“I was a bit dismayed when former President Trump came out and made that statement, and his followers booed him, which I was stunned by that. I mean, given the fact of how popular he is with that group, that they would boo him, which tells me how recalcitrant they are about being told what they should do,” the chief White House medical adviser said in an appearance on ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” on Sunday.

Fauci told co-anchor Jonathan Karl that he hopes Trump will continue to tell people to get vaccinated.

Karl noted Trump’s recent interview on an episode of the conservative show Daily Wire show with Candace Owens, that the former president “really pushed back on the idea that the vaccine is not protecting people.”

He added that Trump said that the people going to hospitals “are the ones largely that, that haven’t been vaccinated.”

“You don’t die if you get the vaccine — those were done with Donald Trump’s words. I mean, it’ll be interesting to see if his supporters listen to that,” he told Fauci.

“And I think that his continuing to say that people should get vaccinated and articulating that to them, in my mind is a good thing. I hope he keeps it up,” Fauci responded.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.