Feinstein: I see obstruction of justice case forming against Trump

Source: The Hill | December 3, 2017 | Brett Samuels

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said Sunday she believes an obstruction of justice case is beginning to form against President Trump in the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

“The [Senate] Judiciary Committee has an investigation going as well and it involves obstruction of justice and I think what we’re beginning to see is the putting together of a case of obstruction of justice,” Feinstein said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I think we see this in the four indictments and pleas that have just taken place, and some of the comments being made.

I see it in the hyper-frenetic attitude of the White House, the comments every day, the continual tweets,” she added. “I see it most importantly in what happened with the firing of Director Comey, and it is my belief that that is directly because he did not agree to lift the cloud of the Russia investigation. That’s obstruction of justice,” she continued, referring to former FBI Director James Comey.

Feinstein is the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is one of multiple congressional committees investigating Russian meddling in the election.

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.