Flake opens up about threats against him and his family

Source: The Hill | April 4, 2019 | Morgan Gstalter

Former Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) said there are “several” threats made against him and his family from Trump supporters being investigated because of his criticisms of the president.

An unidentified man carrying a rifle scope had gone to three different Arizona locations associated with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in an attempt to find him, Flake told The Guardian in an interview released Wednesday.

“It was a man living out of his car. He told someone he had just attended a Trump rally,” Flake, a devout Mormon, told the outlet. He noted that the man arrived at another event two weeks ago.

………

The former senator also acknowledged that he was the previously unidentified senator who was sent a threatening voicemail following the contentious hearings for Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh following sexual assault allegations in 2018.

James Dean Blevins Jr., from Chicago pleaded guilty last month to a federal retaliation charge over the voicemail, which Flake said came after he called for a delayed vote for the FBI to investigate the claims.

“I am tired of him interrupting our president, and I am coming down there to take him and his family out,” the voicemail reportedly said.

Flake told the outlet that there are “several threats” against him, including ones that listed his children, their address and included “links to beheading videos.”

………

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28722

Consistent #28723

EVERYDAY #28728

Trump supporter won’t admit they have more than a few kooks in their midst. All I ever hear about is how violent left-wing, ANTIFA types are.

I don’t get the need for Trump and his fans to always have to “strike back” at critics. They complain all the time about the Bush family, but you never heard the Bush clan publicly belittling and maybe even threatening those who don’t like them. People with an ounce of brain and a bit of class just stay silent. What do these people want? A dictatorship were the leader must be constantly worshiped and any criticism is stamped out through violence?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.