Four states declare states of emergency ahead of weekend snowstorm

Source: The Hill | January 15, 2022 | Brad Dress

Four states on the East Coast have declared a state of emergency ahead of a large snowstorm expected to hit Southern and Eastern states Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend.

Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia all declared a state of emergency on Friday in advance of the storm.

Winter storm warnings from the National Weather Service (NWS) will remain in effect for multiple states into Monday.

The snowstorm is expected to bring “widespread and significant snow and ice up the Eastern Seaboard,” according to the NWS.

The NWS is forecasting up to 12 inches of snow in Virginia, depending on the region. Virginia was slammed by a winter storm earlier this month, which caused an overnight gridlock on a 50-mile stretch of the I-95 highway.

Outgoing Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) on Friday declared a state of emergency, which he said will assist the state response under the new governor sworn in on Saturday, Glenn Youngkin (R), ABC 7 reported.

……..

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #51532

EVERYDAY #51536

It’s starting to snow where I live. Expecting 10 inches, maximum. My relatives from the Virginia suburbs of DC were here the last few days. They ignored my advice and are driving home this evening. I’m a nervous wreck and will be till they let me know they are home safely.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.