George Papadopoulos identified alleged spy in Trump's campaign to lawmakers

Source: Washington Examiner | January 16, 2019 | Daniel Chaitin

Former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos, who has pleaded guilty to lying to federal agents, identified an individual he said was a spy in President Trump’s 2016 campaign in testimony he gave to lawmakers last year.

The Epoch Times reports it has reviewed the transcript from Oct. 25, which includes the name, but declined to release it out of caution since the outlet said it wasn’t able to verify Papadopoulos’s allegation. Instead, the outlet substituted the name with “Person A.”

“I have my suspicions about [Person A] perhaps working on behalf of U.S. intelligence,” Papadopoulos said at one point in his closed-door testimony to members of the House Judiciary and Oversight committees. He also said “interactions with [Person A] were quite strange,” adding that “he would call me on private numbers and kind of ask me where I’m sitting or where I’m living at the moment.”

In prior public statements, Papadopoulos said he believed there was “a low-level player” who “was connected to our intelligence people” in the Trump campaign, but did not identify the individual.

Papadopoulos was told by Maltese professor Joseph Mifsud in London in 2016 that the Russians had damaging information on Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. He told an Australian diplomat about the conversation, who then told American officials, initiating an investigation into Trump’s campaign and Russia.

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.