Giuliani says 'of course' he asked Ukraine to look into Biden seconds after denying it

Source: The Hill | September 19, 2019 | Rachel Frazin

President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani gave conflicting answers in an interview on CNN on Thursday night as to whether he asked Ukraine to look into former Vice President Joe Biden, saying at one point “of course I did.”

After CNN host Chris Cuomo questioned whether Giuliani had asked Ukraine to investigate Biden, Giuliani said, “No, actually I didn’t. I asked the Ukraine to investigate the allegations that there was interference in the election of 2016 by the Ukrainians for the benefit of Hillary Clinton.”

“You never asked anything about Hunter Biden? You never asked anything about Joe Biden?” Cuomo followed up. 

“The only thing I asked about Joe Biden is to get to the bottom of how it was that Lutsenko …dismissed the case against AntAC,” Giuliani said, referring to former Ukrainian prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko and the Ukrainian-based Anti-Corruption Action Centre (AntAC).

“So you did ask Ukraine to look into Joe Biden,” Cuomo said. 

“Of course I did,” Giuliani replied. 

“You just said you didn’t,” Cuomo responded.

“I didn’t ask them to look into Joe Biden,” Giuliani shot back. “I asked them to look into the allegations that related to my client which tangentially involved Joe Biden.” 

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.