Glenn Beck Mirrors the Grief of Many Ted Cruz Supporters

Source: RedState | September 24, 2016 | Susan Wright

…..

Upon hearing the news on Friday that Ted Cruz had reversed his position, amid pressure from donors and concerns for his political future, Beck took to Facebook to express his feelings over the announcement.

I’d say he encompassed what most of Cruz’s supporters felt – many of whom took Cruz’s convention speech, where he told voters to vote their conscience as a rallying cry against party politics and the bloated, liberal charlatan currently serving as GOP nominee.

“[This is] a profoundly sad day for me,” he wrote on Facebook. “Disappointment does not begin to describe.

“Maybe it is time to go to the mountains for a while,” the conservative commentator added. “Again, disappointment doesn’t even begin to describe my feelings.”

“America is an idea, not a country,” he said. “When we discuss the destruction of our country, that is vastly different than the destruction of an idea. I fear the idea is already lost, due to the panic of losing one’s comfort and country.

“The founders meant it much differently when they said: join or die. Welcome to the big tent. GOP / DNC 2016 join or die. Long live the idea of the republic.”

No doubt, Cruz’s timing for his announcement may have been purposeful.

The weekend will give talk radio personalities like Beck an opportunity to absorb, consider, and then on Monday, the talk will be more reflective than reactionary.

For supporters, especially those who saw Cruz as a white knight, unsullied by politics, and the defender of the noble cause of conservatism and conscience, it may take several weekends before it settles in that the suit of armor was just a suit of gabardine. He really is just a politician, and this is his job.

They won’t like it any better.

Believe me. I’ve been there.

They’ll learn to deal with it, however.

If there is to be any good to come from his depressing election cycle, let’s hope that rather than being completely disillusioned, voters instead turn their disappointment and frustration into action. This nation was meant to be a citizen government, anyway.

….

There are still good and principled men and women in politics, but there are none perfect. The sooner we all grasp that, the sooner we can put this behind us and start again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #10212

By the way, Susan Wright was for Rick Perry.

EVERYDAY #10217

This Cruz supporter isn’t grieving. Not even angry. More bewildered than anything. I thought Ted Cruz was smarter. Unfortunate to learn he isn’t.

ConservativeGranny #10224

” voters instead turn their disappointment and frustration into action. This nation was meant to be a citizen government, anyway.”

In what way? How are we to do that in a way that we haven’t already tried? What tiny modicum of power do the citizens have left? I’m getting so sick of empty statements like this. Frustrated voters have been turning their frustrations into actions for some time now and we have been completely ignored. It’s to the point we are just getting used to being screwed over and stabbed in the back.

There is nothing left for us short of violence to turn this around. It will have to run it’s natural course. While being Pollyannish about it feels better it’s far from facing reality.

In my life with my family I am not a pessimist. I face my personal challenges with strength and determination. Despite my physical and medical challenges I wake up everyday feeling happy because I have the love of my family and enjoy my life. You’d never know it by the things I post here. When it comes to the future of this country and politics I have almost nothing to feel optimistic about. I am determined however to not let this ruin my life. I will continue to teach my grandchildren about the wonderful and amazing idea of our country. I will teach them to be strong, independent and good people. I will show them by example how to find happiness and peace in their personal lives despite adversity. And most importantly, I will pray. They will need all of my prayers because their future seems bleak in this country.

I pray that they will be successful where we failed and bring this country back.

Consistent #10232

There is nothing left for us short of violence to turn this around. It will have to run it’s natural course. While being Pollyannish about it feels better it’s far from facing reality.

Article V?

ConservativeGranny #10240

I would love Article V to succeed. I support a Constitutional Convention of the States. I don’t believe it will happen but I haven’t given up on it completely.

As soon as I am finished wallowing in my disappointment I am going to go back and watch the proceedings and read up on what occurred at the trial run.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.