Google searches for '3rd party candidate 2016' SKYROCKET during Trump's speech

Source: Conservative Review | July 22, 2016 | Phil Shiver

Google searches for “3rd party candidate 2016” have absolutely skyrocketed this week during the GOP convention, increasing by at least a whopping 10,000 percent (based on the values given by Google).

The undoubted crescendo took place when Donald Trump took the stage Thursday night to formally accept the Republican nomination for president. While he spoke searches shot up to almost three times their highest previous point.

….

It appears that Americans turned on Trump’s speech only to turn away and desperately consult Google on who the other options may be.

But what’s more troubling for the GOP nominee, is the aggregation of searches in major swing states. Colorado tops the list for regional interest and is closely followed by Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8464

Consistent #8470

ConservativeGranny #8495

But, but, but, how can that be? From what Trump tells us he has tremendous support. Just tremendous. Millions and millions of supporters. So many supporters.

EVERYDAY #8497

Actually, I was one of those who looked at third party candidates just in case I can’t write in Ted Cruz’s name. I’ve been getting conflicting information on whether write-in candidates will be allowed. Guess I won’t know for sure till I get to the polls in November.

I was reading up on Darrell Castle, the Constitution Party candidate. Mostly libertarian, but Castle is pro-life and against gay marriage. No he isn’t Ted Cruz by a long shot, but compared to the two frontrunners, he’s a saint.

Third party candidates don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell, but as Ted Cruz said, vote your conscience. Unlike the idiots who will vote for Trump or Hillary, I will have a clear conscience.

ConservativeGranny #8504

I don’t know much about Castle either. I think it varies state by state as far as write-ins go. My plan is to write in Cruz if I can.

ConservativeGranny #8506

Only 9 states do not allow write ins according to this article. 34 of the states allowing require some type of paperwork be filed in advance.

If you scroll down to the map under “requirements for write-ins” you can find out what your state requires or allows.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_for_presidential_candidates

For example, WI allows write ins but paperwork has to be filed in advance. Cruz would have to be willing to file in time for the election.

Personally at this point I don’t believe he has anything to lose.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.