GOP lawmaker fires back at Trump over farm aid

Source: The Hill | December 17, 2018 | Emily Birnbaum

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) on Monday night fired back at President Trump over the president’s $12 billion farm aid package, calling it a “bailout.”

“My fellow Republicans used to oppose bailouts,” Amash wrote, responding to Trump’s tweet from earlier in the day. “Now, they euphemistically call them ‘market facilitation payments.'”

“@POTUS’s big-government trade policy hurt many farmers and ranchers, and he’s responding with even bigger government,” Amash added.

Trump earlier on Monday announced that his administration was planning to disburse a second tranche of aid as part of a package meant to assist American farmers harmed by retaliatory trade measures enacted by China and other foreign governments. 

Trump in the tweet referred to the aid package as “market facilitation payments.”

……

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #26885

EVERYDAY #26889

If Trump had not started this trade war, the farmers wouldn’t be hurting and they wouldn’t need a bailout. This temper tantrum of his is going to cost all of us sooner or later. There are predictions of a global recession looming and those of us with retirement accounts and other investments are being wiped out. When are we going to get a bailout?

This is a supposed graduate of the Wharton School. Presumably, he should be smarter than the rest of us when it comes to business and the economy. But I think he really doesn’t care who his economic policies hurt and how much. Trump supposedly has billions, but hey, if he loses money, maybe he can get another loan from Russia.

I keep hoping there will be some way Trump can be made to leave office before he destroys all of us.

Consistent #26898

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.