GOP senator suggests Trump may have paid hush money because he 'loves his family'

Source: The Hill | March 6, 2019 | Justin Wise

GOP Sen. Mike Rounds (N.D.) on Tuesday appeared to suggest that President Trump made a nondisclosure payment to adult-film star Stormy Daniels because he “loves his family” and did not want her allegations to become public.

“I think most of us have a concern anytime you have a president who is trying to work through some very personal matters,” Rounds said on CNN’s “New Day” after being questioned about a report detailing how Trump reimbursed his former lawyer Michael Cohen for the hush money payments after he had been sworn into office.   

“I honestly think this president loves his family and I think it has as much to do with trying not to have public discussions about something that for him is a private matter. I don’t think he wanted his family to go through this.”

CNN’s John Berman responded to Rounds’s comments by noting that the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York has alleged that “part of those payoffs were to influence the election.”

“You know, right now we talk about what are considered campaign expenses, legitimate campaign expenses, I’m not going to try to litigate that today,” Rounds responded.

……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28247

Consistent #28248

ConservativeGranny #28249

#1. I don’t believe for a minute it was because “he loved his family”.
    #2. When you break the law it really doesn’t matter why you did it.

Consistent #28250

EVERYDAY #28251

I doubt Trump really loves anyone — including his family. He just loves himself.

And you’re right, Granny, there is no excuse for breaking the law. The senator is an idiot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.