Grisham: Jared.., Ivanka.. saw themselves as ‘shadow president and first lady’

Source: The Hill | October 5, 2021 | Mychael Schnell

Grisham: Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump saw themselves as ‘shadow president and first lady’

Former press secretary Stephanie Grisham on Tuesday said Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, former President Trump’s son-in-law and daughter, saw themselves as a “shadow president and first lady.”

Grisham — during an interview on CNN’s “New Day” about her book “I’ll Take Your Questions Now” — said Kushner “got really heady with power” and would insert himself into initiatives that he was not qualified to take part in.

“He would dive into these areas where I know he had absolutely no expertise. And, you know, claim to save the day and then he would leave. And, you know, there was a running joke in the White House that when things were getting really tough they suddenly disappeared on vacations,” Grisham said.

“He was tough to deal with and I think he got really heady with power. I do not think he left there the best version of himself,” she added.

……..

She said she believes that while Kushner is “an intelligent man,” Ivanka Trump is “the brains” and “the smarter one,” noting that she is “very controlling of her image,” and remains calm and controlled in person, which, Grisham said, “is unlike her father.”

She also said Ivanka Trump and Kushner thought they were the royal family, pointing to the state dinner with the queen when the pair thought they should be part of all activities the president and first lady were taking part in, something she thought was “really inappropriate.”

Grisham, in the book, recalls one scene from her time at the White House when Ivanka Trump and Kushner were blocked from attending a meeting with Queen Elizabeth II because of a lack of space on a helicopter.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.