Haley fires back at White House: 'I don't get confused'

Source: The Hill | April 17, 2018 | Brett Samuels

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley responded Tuesday to a claim from President Trump’s top economic adviser that she “got confused” when she said the U.S. would impose additional sanctions on Russia.

“With all due respect, I don’t get confused,” Haley told Fox News’s Dana Perino in a statement that was read on-air and quickly spread on Twitter.

Top White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow on Tuesday morning said that Haley “got ahead of the curve” in announcing the sanctions.

“There might have been some momentary confusion about that,” Kudlow told reporters in West Palm Beach, Fla., ahead of President Trump’s meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Haley said Sunday that the U.S. planned to impose sanctions on Moscow as early as Monday. But the White House walked back her announcement the next day, saying no decision had been made.

Kudlow downplayed suggestions that the mix-up resulted in a rift between Haley and Trump, who as at times been hesitant to forcefully criticize Russia.

Kudlow added that the Treasury Department has prepared a package of additional sanctions against Russia, but that nothing has been finalized.

The Washington Post reported Monday that Trump was not comfortable signing off on additional sanctions on Russia, and that the White House is in a “holding pattern.”

…….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #23116

Consistent #23119

Consistent #23120

EVERYDAY #23121

If Haley leaves or is shown the (revolving) door, Trump will show he is even dumber than I thought.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.