Hunter Biden says U.S. attorney is investigating his tax affairs

Source: Politico | December 9, 2020 | Nick Niedzwiadek

The president-elect’s son said he is taking the matter seriously and is confident he handled his taxes appropriately.

Federal prosecutors are investigating Hunter Biden over his tax affairs, the president-elect’s son said in a statement on Wednesday, marking another troubled chapter for the lawyer and investment adviser a little more than a month before his father is to take office.

In the statement, Hunter Biden said the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Delaware advised his legal counsel about the matter on Tuesday and that he is confident he handled his tax affairs “legally and appropriately.”

“I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors,” Hunter Biden said.

The statement was sent out via President-elect Joe Biden’s transition team.

……..

The Biden transition team included a statement of support on Wednesday for the president-elect’s son: “President-elect Biden is deeply proud of his son, who has fought through difficult challenges, including the vicious personal attacks of recent months, only to emerge stronger.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #45291

Consistent #45312

Consistent #45313

Consistent #45328

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.