'I gave every inch of my life to him': Brad Parscale opens up about final days in Trump campaign

Source: Politico | December 1, 2020 | Matthew Choi

He described how much it hurt to be abruptly “removed” from his position.

Brad Parscale wants to clear the air about his fall from the perches of the Trump campaign.

During an interview with Fox News’ Martha MacCallum that aired Tuesday, President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager opened up about his conflicts with other members of the reelection team, saying he was “removed” from his leadership position in a move that left him feeling hurt and excluded. It was his first public interview since leaving the campaign altogether in September after an altercation with police related to allegations of abuse against his wife. (His wife later retracted the allegation.)

Parscale served as campaign manager until July, when he was replaced by Bill Stepien and assigned to serve as a senior campaign adviser. The campaign denied at the time that the move was a demotion for Parscale, but he had come increasingly under scrutiny within the campaign amid poor polling numbers and lackluster attendance at Trump’s comeback campaign rally in Tulsa, Okla.

During his Tuesday interview, Parscale cut off MacCallum when she said he had left the campaign, curtly saying: “I was removed.”

“I didn’t get a warning sign,” Parscale said, adding that he was “hurt” by the switch-up. “No one asked me to change my plan. I don’t know exactly why I was removed, and all of a sudden we had to challenge the plan.”

Parscale said he loved the Trump campaign and is still deeply loyal to the president. But he added that he disagreed with Trump’s approach to the coronavirus pandemic, saying voters — particularly the suburban families the Trump campaign ardently hoped to court — were scared and looking for “empathy” from their leader. Focusing instead on bullishly reopening the economy, Parscale said, was the biggest policy error of the campaign.

“A young family with a young child who are scared to take them back to school wanted to see an empathetic president. And an empathetic Republican Party,” Parscale said. “And I said this multiple times and he chose a different path. I don’t think he was wrong, I love him, but we had a difference on this. I thought we should have public empathy.”

Parscale also dished out on “D-level” people around the president, whom he didn’t name but accused of steering the campaign away from a clean victory. Responding to reports that the president yelled at him amid declining poll numbers, Parscale said he was not a “yes man” like others in the campaign who curried the president’s favor by telling him what he wanted to hear.

Parscale was still holding out hope that Trump could retake the White House this year, even though election officials in key states across the country have called the vote for President-elect Joe Biden. When asked hypotheticals about how Trump could have won, Parscale said: “He can still win this.”

……..

Parscale said he and Trump haven’t had any contact recently — a silence that left Parscale emotional during Tuesday’s interview.

“It is pretty hurtful, but it’s probably just as much my fault as his,” Parscale said. “I love that family. And I gave every inch of my life to him. Every inch.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #45114

EVERYDAY #45116

Parscale is a bigger idiot than I thought.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.