If You Reject Trump will You Elect Hillary? Bible Says No!

Source: Renew America | 7.26.2016 | Alan Keyes

In support of their decision to back “less evil” Donald Trump over “pure evil” Hillary Clinton, some Americans who profess to be Bible-believing Christians are alleging that anyone who doesn’t support Trump will be responsible for electing Hillary, as well as for the evils that follow. No doubt, Sen. Cruz is getting an earful of this right now.

But how is this charge compatible with what God says to His prophet Ezekiel:

Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the House of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give warning from me. If I say to the wicked, “You shall surely die,” and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul. Again, if a righteous person turns from his righteousness and commits injustice, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die for his sin, and his righteous deed that he has done shall not be remembered, but his blood I will require at you hand. But if you warn the righteous person not to sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live, because he took warning, and you will have delivered your soul. (Ezekiel 3:17-21)

Now, people who have truly accepted the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ into their hearts are transformed thereby, so that they can say, with the Apostle, “I have been crucified with Christ: nevertheless, I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me” (Galatians 2:20). But if Christ lives in us, our human form answers to the vocation of Christ. From the first, His ministry included warning people of the deadly consequences of sin, and calling upon them to repent in order to accept the forgiveness of God and live. Christ acts through those who, by entrusting themselves to Him, presently form His living body. On this account, they are moved to enact, on the stage of this earthly life, His prophetic vocation.

As they do so, the words God speaks to his Prophet Ezekiel admonish their action or inaction. Since we are, by the Providence of God, periodically called into action as citizens of the United States, those words admonish our decisions about how to cast our votes when acting as members of the sovereign body of the people of the United States. For, trusting to the mind of Christ, we seek to do God’s will in preference to our own. So even if our fellow citizens, and in particular our fellows in faith, fail to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness as they fulfill their kingly responsibilities as citizens, we are not obliged to follow them. On the contrary, we are obliged, by the instruction of Christ, to do as God commands. We are obliged to vote for people who will faithfully represent us (that is, Christ in us) in the pursuit of justice, as God determines it. We are obliged to warn our fellows against electing people who reject God’s sovereignty, and who have or intend to countenance injustice and iniquity as if they are lawful.

But what if a majority of our fellow citizens reject us, as the Jews who voted for Barabbas refused to join the Jews who voted for Christ? If, as Bible-believing Christians profess, the Scripture reports the words of God truthfully, then we are emphatically not responsible for the fatal consequences that follow from what those who failed to heed our warning decide to do. God’s words clearly state that, having faithfully born witness to His will, the fatal consequences are not laid to our account. We bear responsibility for them only if and when we refuse to represent God’s truth, as we are called to do as well by the example of Christ, even unto death.

More at the site: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/keyes/160726

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #8674

Great article! Too bad that Keyes entered the race against Obama way too late for the Senate seat after Obama illegally got his opponent’s messy marriage documents unsealed and leaked to the public.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.