‘It’s, like, so unfair’: Trump defends Giuliani after FBI raid

Source: Politico | April 29, 2021 | Quint Forgey

The former president called his personal attorney “a great patriot.”

Former President Donald Trump on Thursday denounced the raids by federal investigators on the Manhattan home and office of his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, defending the former New York mayor as the victim of a politically biased Justice Department.

“Rudy Giuliani is a great patriot. He does these things — he just loves this country, and they raid his apartment,” Trump told Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo in an interview. “It’s, like, so unfair and such a double — it’s like a double standard like I don’t think anybody’s ever seen before.”

FBI agents executed search warrants at the properties on Wednesday in relation to a long-running probe into Giuliani’s dealings in Ukraine during Trump’s presidency. An attorney for Giuliani said the raids focused on a single incident in which his client allegedly failed to register as a foreign agent.

“I don’t know what they’re looking for, what they’re doing. They say it had to do with filings of various papers, lobbying filings,” Trump said, going on to allege — without offering evidence — illegal foreign lobbying by President Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

“It’s a very, very unfair situation,” Trump said. “You have to understand Rudy. Rudy loves this country so much. It is so terrible when you see things that are going on in our country, with the corruption and the problems. And then they go after Rudy Giuliani. It’s very sad, actually.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #48626

EVERYDAY #48627

“It’s like, so unfair.”

What are you Donnie? 14 years old? That’s what a teenager would say when he is grounded or his allowance is reduced.

Actually, I’m surprised Donnie Boy didn’t try to distance himself from Rudy much like he did with Michael Cohen. Something like, “I don’t know him well. He just handled a few personal matters for me.. Rudy who?”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.