Jesus Just Did a Facepalm. Looking at You, Jessi Bohon and Franklin Graham

Source: The Resurgent | February 12, 2017 | Erick Erickson

The left, which does not even believe in the God of the Bible, is positively orgasmic about some woman’s defense of Obamacare by relying on her Christian faith. Mind you, for eight years, the left ridiculed Christians opposed to things like the abortion mandate under Obamacare because of their Christian faith. But one woman badly weaves her Christian faith into defending the individual mandate, and suddenly Jesus is okay. So go bake a cake, you bigot.

Pay no attention to Jesus’s views on marriage (Matthew 19:1-12), transgenderism (Genesis 1:27), and homosexuality (Matthew 15:19–20). Yes, Jesus has positions on all three things. Jessikah Bohon, a French teacher in Cookeville, TN, and political activist, showed up at a congressional meeting where a bunch of Democrats pretended they actually represented the majority of a solidly Republican congressional district. At the meeting, Bohon said:

As a Christian, my whole philosophy in life is to pull up the unfortunate. So the individual mandate, that’s what it does. The healthy people pull up the sick

And the leftwing crowd roared.

So Bohon’s solution is not to help the unfortunate, but to get the government to do it. God actually takes a pretty strong position on passing the buck. Jesus himself says to “render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s.” Taking care of the poor is not Caesar’s responsibility. But the social justice warrior left that rejects Jesus’s teachings on absolutely everything under the sun loves this.

Jesus, I assure you, does not.

….

Jesus also does not care for Franklin Graham this week hiding behind some really stupid Biblical interpretations to justify Donald Trump. Honestly, I have had to stop recommending Samaritan’s Purse as an outlet for charitable giving because I think Franklin Graham has gone off the rails.

First, on Inauguration Day, Franklin Graham told Donald Trump that rain at the inaugural was a sign of blessing. I am sure the folks drowning outside the ark sure felt blessed to have rain falling on their heads. The Bible actually says the rain falls on the just and the unjust. (Matt 5:45). Then there is this from Friday.

This is silly. There’s a difference between a Babylonian army wanting to storm the gates, murder all the men, and turn all the women into slaves after raping them and a Christian refugee from Syria coming into the United States.

…..

The Bible is useful for instruction and admonition in all areas of life. But twisting the Bible to make it sound like Jesus is on your side is rather a dumb thing, whether it is defending Obamacare, claiming Biblical support for homosexuality, or even justifying a poorly written immigration order that was rushed out.

And by the way, speaking of that, what Rev. Graham does the Bible say about treating foreigners who you have already accepted into your homeland for residence? Because it seems those verses would apply when it comes to intentionally and willfully deleting a provision in the executive order that would have allowed green card holders back into the country. In fact, we wouldn’t be in this litigation mess had that been in there originally.

And as for you, Jessi Bohon, would that you were as vocal on behalf of Christians in this country targeted by the Obama Administration under Obamacare as you are to defend your healthcare insurance paid for by the taxpayers of Tennessee.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.