Joe Biden's German Shepherd dog has aggressive incident and is sent back to Delaware

Source: CNN | March 9, 2021 | Kate Bennett

Washington (CNN) – The two German Shepherds belonging to President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden were returned to the Biden family home in Delaware last week after aggressive behavior at the White House involving Major Biden, two sources with knowledge tell CNN.

Major, who was adopted by Biden in November 2018 from a Delaware animal shelter, had what one of the people described as a “biting incident” with a member of White House security. The exact condition of the victim is unknown, however, the episode was serious enough that the dogs were subsequently moved to Wilmington, Delaware, where they remain. CNN reached out to the White House for comment and did not immediately receive a reply.

Major, who is 3 years old, is the younger of the two Biden dogs, and has been known to display agitated behavior on multiple occasions, including jumping, barking, and “charging” at staff and security, according to the people CNN spoke with about the dog’s demeanor at the White House. The older of Biden’s German Shepherds, Champ, is approximately 13 and has slowed down physically due to his advanced age.

The two dogs like to remain together, says one person familiar with the pets, something Biden noted last month. Biden said he adopted Major in part as a companion for Champ, to keep the older dog busy and active.

“We got Major, he’s a rescue dog. We asked the vet, ‘What can we do to keep Champ going?’ and he said, ‘Get him a young dog.’ They’re buddies,” Biden told the media on Valentine’s Day while walking the two German Shepherds unleashed on the North Lawn.

……..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #47859

Consistent #47860

Consistent #47864

Consistent #47865

EVERYDAY #47871

A friend of mine years ago had a normally very sweet, loving German Shepherd. My friend once brought home a date. The dog lunged at the guy for seemingly no reason. Luckily, my friend was able to get a hold of the dog and restrain her. The man was ok and my friend went out with him again, but he turned out to be a heel, so she stopped seeing him. My friend believed her dog was trying to tell her to dump the guy. She said from then on, she brought all of her dates home. If the dog didn’t approve. the relationship was over. LOL

Who knows what set off Major against this person. Maybe it was a sudden move by the guy. Whatever it was, I guess White House life may be too much for him and he needs a break, perhaps some dog training? Anyway, I’m sure all will be well again and the boys will be back in the White House soon.

Consistent #47873

“Anyway, I’m sure all will be well again and the boys will be back in the White House soon.”

Not too soon. The Bidens are adopting a cat.

EVERYDAY #47881

If the cat is female, she will keep Major in line. In households with both dogs and cats, the female cat rules.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.