Jonah Goldberg: Not A Parody (“Cabinet Apprentice”)

Source: National Review | November 28, 2016 | Jonah Goldberg

I concluded a while ago that the ongoing game of “Cabinet Apprentice” is a ridiculous spectacle, mixing infotainment, reality show drama, ego-stroking of Donald Trump and a remarkably clever, albeit cynical, effort to reward supporters by talking them up for positions they’ll never get, all rolled into one. The ritual of watching the pilgrimages through the Trump Tower lobby is not exactly Henry in the Snows of Canossa, but it does have a similar effect: Make everyone bend the knee at the new royal court. But I assumed it couldn’t get anymore ridiculous. I was wrong.

….Rohrbacher sent out an email to his supporters. It reads:

….

Breitbart News is conducting a poll of potential candidates for Secretary of State. As a supporter of mine who shares values and patriotism, I thought you might want to participate in this poll and am providing you a link to do so HERE.

I think all of this is both ridiculous and hilarious. But why stop there? Why not make all important staffing and policy decisions contingent on Breitbart online polls. “Click here to bomb Iran!” “72 percent of Breitbart readers want interest rates lowered!” etc. I mean, Why not? It’s Trump’s world, we just live in it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #11748

ConservativeGranny #11757

It’s all about Donald and he is getting his jollies keeping these idiots dancing on a string and begging for table scraps. And the idiots are playing along really believing that after Trump is done playing with them they will actually get something.

The most humiliating POTUS. Someone who could actually outdo the disaster that was Obama.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.