Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene are engaged in a war of words…

Source: Politico | December 20, 2022 | Anthony Adragna

Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene are engaged in a war of words over Kevin McCarthy’s bid for House speaker.

“She childishly threw me under the bus for a cheap sound bite,” Greene wrote.

What happened: Reps. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) and Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) hold opposing views over whether to support Kevin McCarthy for speaker of the House — and Boebert made that clear with a dig at Greene, who has emerged as one of McCarthy’s biggest backers for the gavel.

Here’s Boebert on “The Charlie Kirk Show” on Monday:

“I’ve been aligned with Marjorie and accused of believing a lot of the things that she believes in. I don’t believe in this, just like I don’t believe in Russian, Jewish space lasers.”
— Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.)

The comment is a reference to conspiracy theories Greene spread prior to her election to Congress in which she falsely claimed California wildfires were caused by lasers somehow linked to influential Jewish people.

Boebert’s rhetoric did not go unnoticed by Greene:

That prompted Boebert to respond in an interview with The Daily Caller:

“I’ve been asked to explain MTG’s belief in Jewish space lasers, why she showed up to a white supremacist’s conference, and now why she’s blindly following Kevin McCarthy and I’m not going to go there. The only person who can answer for Marjorie’s words and actions is Marjorie.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.