Lisa Page speaks out on Trump attacks

Source: The Hill | December 2, 2019 | John Bowden

Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page blasted President Trump in an interview published Sunday, hammering his public references to her and former partner Peter Strzok, a former FBI agent who served on the special counsel investigation into possible ties between Russia and the Trump campaign.

Page, who was thrust into the spotlight when private texts between her and Strzok were released, told The Daily Beast‘s Molly Jong-Fast that she had endured public humiliation at the president’s hands and referred to his public impersonations of her, including mocking personal messages between her and Strzok, with whom she had an affair, during a Minnesota rally earlier this year.

“Honestly, his demeaning fake orgasm was really the straw that broke the camel’s back,” Page told the publication.

“It’s like being punched in the gut,” she continued. “My heart drops to my stomach when I realize he has tweeted about me again. The president of the United States is calling me names to the entire world. He’s demeaning me and my career. It’s sickening.”

She added that she purposely avoids supporters of the president in public to steer clear of confrontations about her and Strzok’s role in former special counsel Robert Mueller’s now-shuttered inquiry into the Trump campaign and Russian election interference.

“When somebody makes eye contact with me on the Metro, I kind of wince, wondering if it’s because they recognize me, or are they just scanning the train like people do?” Page said. “It’s immediately a question of friend or foe? Or if I’m walking down the street or shopping and there’s somebody wearing Trump gear or a MAGA hat, I’ll walk the other way or try to put some distance between us because I’m not looking for conflict.”

………

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.