Mark Levin Ditches #NeverTrump And Hops the Trump Train (Full Audio)

Source: RedState | September 7, 2016 | streiff

If you recall, back in April, conservative radio host Mark Levin declared that he would have nothing to do with Donald Trump in the general election.

….

That was then. This is now.

At the beginning of the program, Levin made sure his real feelings were known. It was no secret that Levin’s first choice was not and is not Donald Trump. In fact, he boldly declared Tuesday that despite Trump’s holding some conservative policies, “Donald Trump is not a conservative … and he’s not reliable.”

Levin reiterated his position that Sen. Ted Cruz would’ve been a far better choice to champion conservative principles as president.

But that’s not what happened and … “at the end of the day, someone is going to be president.”

Levin said, “I’m gonna vote for Donald Trump. I’m gonna wind up voting for Donald Trump on elector day. I take no responsibility for the dumb things he says or the dumb things his surrogates say.”

This is the audio clip

….

For GOP politicians they have to decide if the pain of being publicly associated with Trump is worth the benefit. Media people have to make the same calculation. Sean Hannity decided early that he liked Trump’s vacuous and bombastic politics and flogged his candidacy mercilessly last fall. Rush had his own come-to-Jesus moment and decided that loyalty to his Mar-e-Lago golf partner took precedence over conservatism. Mark Levin stood out in that crowd as a man who was fearlessly voicing what those of us with a much smaller voice had been declaring. Trump is a fraud and poseur.

Now he’s decided that fear of Hillary Clinton is sufficient reason for him to vote for Donald Trump. I understand his position but I think he’s wrong in tactics and he’s wrong in his weighting of the the damage a Clinton presidency will do against the destruction a Trump presidency will inevitably bring.

In Catholic theology there is a concept called “scandal.” Scandal occurs when a person in position of authority takes an action that can lead other people into sin. What Levin has done is the political equivalent of scandal. Levin’s personal vote is irrelevant but his decision to give his public support to Trump — and no matter how you color it, this is support — will allow other wavering voters to cast their vote for Trump.

After this declaration, Levin really loses the ability to disavow stupid Trumpidian statements now or to be outraged at the totality of the betrayal that Trump will inflict upon the GOP because in his essence, Trump is a betrayer. His wives, his mistresses, his partners, his employees have all been betrayed shamelessly and have heard him laugh about it on radio and television appearances. Levin has been right for months. Trump is a liberal Democrat. He’s going to adopt an immigration policy written by Chuck Schumer — to whom Trump has contributed lavishly — and, what’s more, he will pick judges that Chuck Schumer approves of. When he does so Levin is going to be left holding the bag and smoking hole in the ground where the GOP used to be and he will have no one to blame but himself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #9810

“Levin’s personal vote is irrelevant but his decision to give his public support to Trump — and no matter how you color it, this is support — will allow other wavering voters to cast their vote for Trump.”

EVERYDAY #9814

Levin’s vote for Trump means nothing to me. I’m not a sheep. I don’t vote for a candidate because “everyone else is voting for him.” As long as I still have a choice, I will vote for whoever I wish.

ConservativeGranny #9840

No matter what Levin says and how he tries to rationalize this he essentially is campaigning and promoting Trump. If he needed to vote for Trump he could have done so quietly. He didn’t need to announce it on the radio. Why do that unless you intend to persuade others by your admission and give conservatives the “okay” to vote for Trump as well? After all, if Mark Levin is voting for Donald Trump…

I can think of no other reason for him to make this public admission. No matter how he tries to qualify it by saying he doesn’t believe Trump is a conservative or not trustworthy he is still giving him his vote and announcing it to the world.

If he was just voting reluctantly and voting his own conscience why tell the rest of us? Because he wants Trump to win. And that, is an endorsement. No other way to color it. I’ve lost a lot of respect for him now. It’s sad. But I did learn something from all of this.

slhancock1948 #9844

Levin must be spending too much time with Ann Coulter. I never thought he’d stick to the #NeverTrump, b/c after Cruz dropped out, all of a sudden it was a real softening towards Trump, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Looks like Deace, Beck and a very few others are the real #Never Trump, along with us. Still voting for Cruz.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Consistent #9850

Exactly, ConservativeGranny.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.