Mark Meadows claims Trump did not ask Ukraine to investigate rivals

Source: Politico | December 8, 2019 | Ian Kullgren

“I think probably the biggest thing is, this president has gone through so much,” he tells Dana Bash.

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) denied Sunday that President Donald Trump asked Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden.

“He didn’t do that,” Meadows said on “State of the Union” on CNN, responding to host Dana Bash. “I don’t agree with your premise. He talked about investigations. If you look at the — the transcript, I think he said, ‘Will you do us a favor,’ based on the United States going through a lot, talking about 2016 elections. And when you see that, Dana, I think probably the biggest thing is, this president has gone through so much.“

Bash pushed back on Meadows’ claim, noting Trump specifically asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate Biden.

“Even with that, working with the attorney general, are you suggesting that someone who runs … for president shouldn’t be investigated?“ Meadows said.

“The Democrats have been investigating President Trump before he was elected and after he was elected, and so somehow it doesn’t work for them? I mean, listen, it’s appropriate to make sure that nothing was done wrong in Ukraine. And, indeed, that’s what he was talking about.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #34005

Consistent #34011

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.