McFarland: 'Changes are coming' to Security Council

Source: Politico | April 16, 2017 | Kevin Robillard

K.T. McFarland, the former Fox News talking head who is now the Deputy National Security Adviser, acknowledged Sunday she might be leaving her post.

Reports last week indicated McFarland was leaving her post and would become the U.S. ambassador to Singapore. McFarland was originally hired when retired Gen. Michael Flynn was set to be national security adviser, but he quickly lost his job after misleading Vice President Mike Pence over his contacts with Russia. Gen. H.R. McMaster, the new national security adviser, reportedly wanted to bring in his own deputy.

After “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace asked if she was on her way out because Flynn hired her, McFarland issued a corrective: “First of all, President Trump hired me. He gave me a call on Thanksgiving Day.”

“Gen. Flynn has departed, and Gen. McMaster has arrived,” she said. “I’ve helped through that transition and the president and I have had a number of conversations over the last two months, really, about what my role will continue to be and where I could be best used, for what his vision is of foreign policy.

“I can tell you we talked about it again last night, and there are changes coming. But I’m not going to tell you what they are.”

……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.