Minnesota infectious disease expert: U.S. has 'another 12 to 14 months of a really hard road ahead of us'

Source: The Hill | September 13, 2020 | Zack Budryk

The director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota said Sunday that he agreed with Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, that Americans would need to “hunker down” in the next phase of the coronavirus pandemic.

“Looking forward, where we’re at right now, Tony and I are completely on the same page,” Michael Osterholm said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“Number one is, we’re now leveled off at about 40,000 cases a day, which if you think about that, that’s eight thousand more when the house was on fire back in March,” he said.

“[A]s we get into the fall, we’re going to see these numbers grow substantially. When the vaccine does become available, it won’t be in any meaningful way until the beginning of next year, and then it’s still going to take us months to vaccinate the population of just this country,” he added.

“We really have another 12 to 14 months have a really hard road ahead of us. And that’s what I’m concerned about today,” he added. “I don’t go back and you know, replay February and March.  I play right now. What is our national plan? We don’t have one.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.