Mo Brooks says he would ‘be proud’ if staff helped organize Jan. 6 rally

Source: The Hill | October 26, 2021 | Joseph Choi

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) is denying reports of his possible involvement in the planning of the Jan. 6 rally, but said in an interview published on Monday that he would “proud” if a member of his staff had helped plan the event that that preceded the deadly attack on the Capitol.

“I had no intentions of going to that rally until Jan. 5, when the White House asked me to speak,” Brooks told AL.com in a phone interview, explaining his appearance at the rally. 

During the interview, the Alabama congressman denied a report in Rolling Stone over the weekend that said he or his top staffers had been in contact with the people organizing the “Stop the Steal” rally and other protests following the 2020 presidential election. 

“Quite frankly, I’d be proud of them if they did help organize a First Amendment rally to protest voter fraud and election theft,” Brooks told AL.com.

Brooks reportedly reiterated this sentiment to CNN’s Capitol Hill reporter Melanie Zanona.

Zanona tweeted that Brooks said to her on Monday, “I don’t know if my staff did.. but if they did I’d be proud of them for helping to put together a rally lawful under the First Amendment at the ellipse to protest voter fraud & election theft.”

Brooks was reportedly wearing body armor to the “Stop the Steal” rally on Jan. 6, where he said: “Today is the day American patriots start taking down names and kicking ass.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.