Nadler demands DOJ answer for Attorney General Barr's 'spying' bombshell

Source: Washington Examiner | April 10, 2019 | Daniel Chaitin

Attorney General William Barr’s assertion Wednesday that “spying did occur” on President Trump’s 2016 campaign has Democrats in an uproar.

Reacting to Barr’s testimony, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler suggested he was misled and demanded answers.

“These comments directly contradict what DOJ previously told us. I’ve asked DOJ to brief us immediately. In the meantime, the AG still owes us the full Mueller report. #ReleaseTheReport,” Nadler, D-N.Y., said.

…….

Barr made the stunning declaration during a Senate hearing hours earlier.

“I think spying did occur. But the question is whether it was predicated — adequately predicated,” Barr testified. “I’m not suggesting it wasn’t adequately predicated, but I need to explore that. I think it’s my obligation. Congress is usually very concerned about intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies staying in their proper lane.”

“I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal. It’s a big deal,” Barr added, an apparent reference to GOP allegations that the FBI misled the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to monitor former Trump 2016 campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page.

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.