Norwegian official nominates Trump for Nobel prize, citing Israel-UAE agreement

Source: The Hill | September 9, 2020 | Morgan Gstalter

A member of the Norwegian Parliament has nominated President Trump for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize for his role brokering relations between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a four-term member of Parliament and chairman of the Norwegian delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, submitted the nomination to the Nobel Committee.

“For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other Peace Prize nominees,” Tybring-Gjedde said of Trump during an interview with Fox News.

Trump announced last month that the U.S. was helping to support the full normalization of ties between Israel and UAE, a historic breakthrough in relations in the Middle East and part of the administration’s efforts to shore up support against Iran.

As part of the agreement, Israel would halt efforts to annex territory in the West Bank that was outlined in Trump’s plan for peace between the Israelis and Palestinians.

UAE also officially ended is boycott against Israel, opening up trade, commerce and air travel between the two countries.

In the nomination letter, Tybring-Gjedde said the Trump administration played an important role in thawing relations between the two countries.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #42694

ConservativeGranny #42752

I’m sure this was his own idea. <smirk> I wonder how much this will cost the Trump campaign. In American dollars I presume.

EVERYDAY #42753

Granny, you may be on to something. Trump needs something positive he can crow about to counter all the negative “fake news” press he has been getting lately. Perhaps this is where some of the “evaporated” campaign money went to.

The Peace Prize really lost its luster when it was given to Obama early in his first term for doing absolutely nothing. Yet, some of the same people who were outraged when Obama received the prize are now members of the Trump cult, and of course, should Trump receive the prize, they will be overjoyed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.