OAN reporter roasted for asking Trump if saying 'Chinese food' is racist: 'Dumbest question' ever

Source: The Hill | March 19, 2020 | Joe Concha

A reporter from right-leaning One America News was roasted on social media on Thursday after asking President Trump if he thought the term “Chinese food” is racist, with one member of the press calling it “the dumbest question I’ve ever heard.”

The backlash against OAN’s Chanel Rion comes after she also raised eyebrows for accusing “major left-wing media,” including some reporters in the White House briefing room, of teaming up “with Chinese communist party narratives.”

“Mr. President, do you consider the term ‘Chinese food’ to be racist because it is food that originated from China?” Rion asked, preparing for another question about the media.

“I don’t think that’s racist at all,” Trump replied.

“On that note, major left-wing media, even in this room, have teamed up with Chinese communist party narratives, and they are claiming you are racist for making these claims about ‘Chinese virus,’” Rion continued. “Is it alarming that major media players, just to oppose you, are siding with foreign state propaganda, Islamic radicals, and Latin gangs and cartels and they work right here out of the White House with direct access to you and your team?”

“It amazes me when I read the things that I read,” Trump replied. “I don’t think anybody has done as much as I have done in three years.

“This administration has done a great job. But the press is very dishonest,” the president added.

Backlash on the questions from Rion was immediate on social media, and it came from across the political spectrum.

……….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.