Pelosi: Attorney general 'has gone rogue' to protect Trump

Source: The Hill | September 27, 2019 | John Bowden

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Friday accused Attorney General William Barr of going “rogue” in his efforts to protect President Trump from the fallout over a whistleblower complaint related to Trump’s conversations with the president of Ukraine.

During an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Pelosi argued that Barr was part of a White House “cover-up” of Trump’s call to Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelensky, during which Trump asked Zelensky about the possibility of launching an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden.

“He’s gone rogue,” Pelosi said. “I think where they’re going is a cover-up of a cover-up.”

“I think it’s sad, to have a Justice Department go so rogue,” she continued. “Well, they have been for a while. And now it just makes matters worse.”

…….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #31913

Consistent #31914

Consistent #31916

EVERYDAY #31917

Well, Nancy, that’s why Barr was hired — to protect Trump at all costs. Remember that Trump was not happy when AG Sessions recused himself from the Russia investigation.

As I said before, Trump demands absolute loyalty to himself. But as we have seen with VP Pence, that loyalty is not returned. If Barr gets into any trouble, Barr will be expected to fall on his own sword, if necessary, to protect the president.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.