Pelosi says she ‘absolutely’ draws parallel between husband’s attack, J6

Source: The Hill | November 7, 2022 | Mychael Schnell

Pelosi says she ‘absolutely’ draws parallel between husband’s attack, Jan. 6

Speaker Nancy Pelosi Loading (D-Calif.) on Monday said she “absolutely” draws a line between last month’s attack on her husband, Paul Pelosi, 82, and the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the Capitol.

The Speaker sat with CNN’s Anderson Cooper for her first sit-down interview since the brutal assault on her husband at their San Francisco home. During that conversation, Cooper quoted President Biden, who, in remarks last week, drew a similarity between the assault on Paul Pelosi, and the Capitol riot.

“The assailant entered the home, asking: ‘Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?’ Those were the same words used by the mob when they stormed the United States Capitol on Jan. 6,” Cooper said, quoting Biden.

“That’s right,” Pelosi responded.

Asked by Cooper if she draws the same line, Pelosi said “absolutely.”

“There’s no question. It’s the same — the same thing, and a copycat or whatever it happens to be, inflamed by the same misrepresentation,” she added.

……..

Later in the interview, Pelosi called for a message to be sent to Republicans to stop its engagement with misinformation.

“I do think that there has to be some message to the Republicans to stop, to stop the disinformation, because that is, without any question, a source of what happened on January 6, and the denial of that, and then the source of what’s happening to me now,” she said.

Since the attack on Paul Pelosi, some figures have elevated conspiracy theories casting doubt on the incident, including new Twitter CEO Elon Musk and former President Trump. Asked what she has to say to those individuals, the Speaker responded “it’s really sad for the country.”

“It’s really sad for the country that people of that high visibility would separate themselves from the facts and the truth in such a blatant way. It’s really sad. And it is traumatizing to those affected by it,” she said.

“They don’t care about that, obviously. But it is — it’s destructive to the unity that we want to have in our country. But I don’t have anything to say to them. I mean, I — we have nothing — there would be no common ground to have any conversation with them,” she added.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.