Pennsylvania AG blasts Texas election suit as 'seditious abuse' of judicial process

Source: The Hill | December 10, 2020 | John Kruzel

Pennsylvania’s attorney general on Thursday called Texas’s bid to invalidate the election results of Pennsylvania and three other battleground states a “seditious abuse of the judicial process.” 

The fiery Supreme Court brief from state Attorney General Josh Shapiro (D), which urged the justices to “send a clear and unmistakable signal that such abuse must never be replicated,” came as battle lines hardened in the unprecedented and long-shot legal dispute.

Texas on Monday filed a petition to the Supreme Court seeking to stop presidential electors in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin from finalizing President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

The three other states named as defendants in the suit — Wisconsin, Michigan and Georgia — submitted their responses shortly after Pennsylvania, with 22 states and Washington, D.C., backing their effort.

Texas has the support of President Trump, who has asked the justices for permission to join the suit as a party, as well as amicus filings from 18 Republican state attorneys general.

Election law experts say the far-fetched lawsuit is unserious and has little chance of success.

……..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #45308

Consistent #45318

Republican state attorneys general: AL, AR, FL, IN, KS, LA, MS, MO, MT, NE, ND, OK, SC, SD, TN, UT, WV

Consistent #45319

Consistent #45323

EVERYDAY #45324

I like Josh Shapiro. He became AG in Pennsylvania after the previous AG ended up in prison. Shapiro was tasked with restoring the office’s integrity and he has done so. He was just re-elected and even though he is a Democrat, I would still vote for him. He’s a good prosecutor. His Twitter feed has been particularly reassuring to voters in PA anxious that Trump and his surrogates will overturn the election and have legitimate mail-in ballots discarded. Shapiro knows Trump and his allies have no case and he’s confident SCOTUS will agree.

I’m glad Shapiro in this response has painted this suit as an exercise in sedition. Seems no one wants to use that word “sedition,” but that’s exactly what Trump and his accomplices are doing. Some also call it “treason.” In a perfect world Trump and his allies would be tried for this brazen attempt at rebellion, trashing the Constitution and disenfranchising voters. But i doubt it will happen. I do hope that when these AGs who signed onto this Texas case and the numerous house and senate members backing Trump’s sedition are up for re-election, they will all go down in flames.

Consistent #45326

Consistent #45329

Consistent #45332

Consistent #45333

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.