Rick Wilson blisters Trump for inciting supporters to start a ‘COVID Civil War’ in order to cover his failures

Source: Raw Story | April 18, 2020 | Tom Boggioni

In a typically blunt column for the Daily Beast, conservative campaign consultant Rick Wilson hammered Donald Trump for both his claim to wield “total authority” and for inciting his most rabid followers to hit the streets and protest against Democratic governors who are attempting the stem the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

According to Wilson, “Donald Trump fired the first shots in the COVID Civil War this week, a modern-day Jefferson Davis of the Pro-Plague States of America sending his opening salvo from Fort Twitter at Democratic governors who dared to question if it wasn’t just a wee bit early to end the stay-at-home orders in states still far to the left of the peak. He started the week with claims of ‘total authority’ and then cried about a supposed mutiny by mouthy state leaders. By Friday, he was up to calls to ‘liberate’ states. 

According to the conservative, Trump lit the fuse and his biggest boosters — Fox News and his Facebook mob — did the rest encouraging the public to cause a ruckus.

“First of all, you should understand that none of this—zero, zip, nada —is organic. None of this is real. Every bit of it is being pushed on Trump’s behalf via the twin modalities of our doom: Fox and Facebook,” he wrote. “The crowds showing up for these ‘liberation rallies’ are lowing cattle, led down a chute to be fed or slaughtered, depending on the day. Their ignorance of their own state as philosophical zombies whose lives Trump is literally willing to sacrifice for a tiny bump in the stock market is breathtaking. Dying for a second-order economic effect will show the libs, right?”

………

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #38255

Consistent #38256

Consistent #38257

Consistent #38258

Consistent #38260

EVERYDAY #38263

My view is that these protests are like those of Antifa, Black Lives Matter and other fringe groups. They are not spontaneous or grassroots, but highly organized and well financed. The question is, who is doing the financing and the organizing? I believe it’s Trump, his kids or some consortium of his supporters — maybe his cronies in business. I would say the Republican Party, but these days, the party is too dumb to organize a one-car funeral. Maybe the party is financing it somehow.

I can see the average person’s frustration. The guy who suddenly lost his job and has a wife and kids to feed. Unemployment takes weeks and the so-called stimulus checks which many may have thought would help with the bills till unemployment kicked in, are bogged down in the usual government mismanagement. About the only places I know of that are hiring even temporary workers are those which involve groceries and delivery. And in many states the measures meant to slow the virus’ spread are positively draconian. People do need some kind of relief. But I’m not sure just opening the gates without some subsidence of this virus is a good idea. either.

There has to be some kind of middle ground. Alas, the great dictator in the Oval Office has now abdicated responsibility to the states instead of working with them to find that middle ground. Had he not acted like a jerk with the governors, perhaps something could have been worked out. Like I’ve been saying — if you expect leadership with respect to anything pertaining to this crisis, you are going to have a long wait. Al we have is bluster and reality tv.

ConservativeGranny #38273

All good points. I think it is probably Trump’s campaign paying for and organizing this. It feels like I’m living in an alternate reality where some people think that they can wish a killer virus away and are willing to die or sacrifice lives so that their team can win. It defies logic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.