Romney bemoans 'tragic loss of life' in Syria after Trump move

Source: The Hill | October 9, 2019 | Justine Coleman

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) called the civilian deaths reported in Syria following Turkey’s invasion and the Trump administration’s removal of U.S. troops “a tragic loss of life among friends shamefully betrayed,” in a tweet Wednesday.

The Utah senator referenced reports that Turkey had begun a military offensive in northern Syria against Kurdish forces that were allied with the U.S. in the fight against ISIS. The Associated Press has reported Turkish strikes in Syria have killed at least seven civilians.

“It’s a tragic loss of life among friends shamefully betrayed,” Romney tweeted. “We can only hope the President’s decision does not lead to even greater loss of life and a resurgence of ISIS.”

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #32287

Consistent #32304

Consistent #32305

No @realdonaldtrump tag:

EVERYDAY #32307

While Romney is as right as rain, it seems to me that his persistent commentary on Trump is his way of positioning himself as the anti-Trump candidate either next year or in 2024. So I am taking Romney’s comments on Trump with a grain of salt. They may or may not be what he is really thinking, but rather, just sound bytes to further his political career.

By the way, if Romney should run for president again, I won’t vote for him either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.