Romney defends Rounds following Trump rebuke

Source: The Hill | January 10, 2022 | Dominick Mastrangelo

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Monday defended fellow Republican Sen. Mike Rounds (S.D.) after former President Trump criticized Rounds for shooting down Trump’s claims the 2020 presidential election was stolen from him.

“While there were some irregularities, there were none of the irregularities which would have risen to the point where they would have changed the vote outcome in a single state,” Rounds said Sunday during an interview on ABC’s “This Week.” 

……..

“Is he crazy or just stupid?” Trump said of Rounds. “The numbers are conclusive, and the fraudulent and irregular votes are massive. The only reason he did this is because he got my endorsement and easily won his state in 2020, so now he thinks he has time, and those are the only ones, the weak, who will break away. Even though his election will not be coming up for 5 years, I will never endorse this jerk again.” 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #51448

Consistent #51451

“I’m disappointed but not surprised by the former president’s reaction. However, the facts remain the same. I stand by my statement. The former president lost the 2020 election,” Rounds said in a statement.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Consistent. Reason: Added video
    EVERYDAY #51452

Trump is such a child, the proverbial schoolyard bully. Or maybe more accurately, the whiney kid at the ballfield who threatens to take his bat and his ball and go home because the other kids were mean to him.

Looks like Senator Rounds doesn’t need defending. He’s hanging tough. Good for him.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.