Ron Johnson: Jan. 6 Capitol riot was a largely 'peaceful protest'

Source: The Hill | May 20, 2021 | Dominick Mastrangelo

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) suggested on Wednesday that the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was not an insurrection but a largely “peaceful protest.”

“Even calling it an insurrection, it wasn’t,” Johnson said during an appearance on Fox News’s “Ingraham Angle.” “You know, I condemned the breach. I condemned the violence, but to say there were thousands of armed insurrectionists breaching the Capitol intent on overthrowing the government is just simply false narrative.” 

Johnson said he has spoken to some of his constituents in Wisconsin that were present at a “Stop the Steal” rally on the National Mall and at the U.S. Capitol that day. 

“By and large, it was peaceful protest, except for there were a number of people, basically agitators that whipped the crowd and breached the Capitol. That’s really the truth of what’s happening here,” Johnson said.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #48989

EVERYDAY #48991

I don’t know if Johnson is an idiot or he thinks the rest of us are.

But I guess the complicit GOP has to come up with a defense because I suspect at least some of them may be investigated about their alleged roles in the coup attempt.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.