Rush Limbaugh: US 'trending toward secession'

Source: The Hill | December 10, 2020 | John Bowden

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday suggested on his show that America was headed toward the conditions that resulted in the American Civil War after a caller asked whether conservatism would ever dominate U.S. culture again.

The host responded to the call, first noted by Media Matters, saying that he believed the country was “trending towards secession,” or the act in which states could attempt to leave the Union.

“I thought you were asking me something else when you said, ‘Can we win?’ I thought you meant, ‘Can we win the culture, can we dominate the culture.’ I actually think — and I’ve referenced this, I’ve alluded to this a couple of times because I’ve seen others allude to this — I actually think that we’re trending toward secession,” Limbaugh said.

“It can’t go on this way,” he continued. “There cannot be a peaceful coexistence of two completely different theories of life, theories of government, theories of how we manage our affairs. We can’t be in this dire a conflict without something giving somewhere along the way.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.