Sanders: I found out about Trump reimbursement from Giuliani's interview

Source: The Hill | May 3, 2018 | Jacqueline Thomsen

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Thursday that she didn’t know that President Trump had reimbursed attorney Michael Cohen for the $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels until Rudy Giuliani made the revelation on Fox News the night before.

“The first awareness I had was during the interview last night,” Sanders said during the press briefing when asked when she learned that Trump had reimbursed Cohen for the payment related to a nondisclosure agreement, despite previously claiming he was unaware of it.

“The White House press office wouldn’t coordinate with the president’s outside legal team on legal strategy,” she added.

The Washington Post reported earlier Thursday that Sanders was among the White House staffers who were unaware that Giuliani, who recently joined Trump’s legal team, would make the revelation.

CNN’s Jim Acosta also pressed Sanders over information she had given reporters earlier about Trump not being aware of the payment, asking if she was “lying to us at the time or were you in the dark.”

“I’ve given the best information that I had at the time,” Sanders said.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.