Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said Tuesday he will not release any more medical records during his presidential bid, arguing he’s already released sufficient information to quell concerns about his health.
Sanders, the current front-runner for the Democratic nomination, has faced questions about his health since he suffered a heart attack in October. He insisted at a CNN town hall Tuesday night that the release of three letters from his doctors at the end of December declaring him healthy were sufficient disclosures.
“We have released, I think … quite as much as any other candidate has. We released two rather detailed letters from cardiologists and we released a letter that came from the head of the U.S. Congress medical group, the physicians there. So I think we have released a detailed report, and I’m comfortable with what we have done,” he said.
“If you think I’m not in good health come on out with me on the campaign trail and I’ll let you introduce me to the three or four rallies a day that we do,” he added.
When pressed on if he would disclose any further information, Sanders responded, “I don’t think we will, no.”
Sen. Bernie Sanders, who had a heart attack last year, tells @andersoncooper that he doesn’t think he will release any more medical records than he already has. #cnntownhall https://t.co/DcVxz2JQLM pic.twitter.com/mObVIbJHFO
— Anderson Cooper 360° (@AC360) February 19, 2020
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.