Sanders undergoes heart procedure after experiencing 'chest discomfort'

Source: The Hill | October 2, 2019 | Max Greenwood

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), a 2020 White House hopeful, underwent a procedure to have two stents inserted to address an arterial blockage after experiencing chest discomfort during a campaign event on Tuesday, aides said.

Jeff Weaver, a senior adviser to Sanders’s campaign, said in a statement on Wednesday that the Vermont senator would spend the next few days recovering from the procedure, and that his campaign events would be canceled until further notice.

“Sen. Sanders is conversing and in good spirits,” Weaver said. “He will be resting up over the next few days. We are canceling his events and appearances until further notice, and we will continue to provide appropriate updates.”

Sanders’s campaign also canceled a recently announced $1.3 million television ad buy in Iowa, according to Advertising Analytics, a firm that tracks ad spending. The spot was slated to begin airing on Thursday. A spokesperson for Sanders, however, said that the move was “just a postponement.”

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #32040

EVERYDAY #32052

Don’t like Mr. Sanders’ politics, but as someone with a stent, I do wish him well. he was wise to get medical advice when he experienced chest discomfort. I had shortness of breath and ignored it for a time. Cardiologist told me that’s a good way to end up dead.

Prayers for Mr. Sanders and his family.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.