Schiff brushes off calls for resignation: 'I am more than used to attacks by my GOP colleagues'

Source: The Hill | March 26, 2019 | Aris Folley

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) late Monday brushed off calls for his resignation from Republicans in the wake of a summary of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation that showed investigators found no evidence to conclude there was a conspiracy between President Trump’s campaign and Russia in 2016.

“I’m more than used to attacks from my GOP colleagues and I would expect nothing less,” he told CNN. 

The California Democrat also said on Monday that he accepts the conclusions of the special counsel’s investigation from a legal perspective, saying: “I certainly accept the finding that he could not establish proof beyond a reasonable doubt of a criminal conspiracy.”

However, Schiff added that “if there are interactions between the president, his family, his campaign people and the Russians that are compromising, we are going to look to the Mueller report to find out what he established.”

“There are a lot of open questions,” he said. 

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.