Source: Ivanka Trump making calls on child care legislation

Source: CNN | December 15, 2016 | Jeremy Diamond and Daniella Diaz

Washington (CNN)Ivanka Trump, President-elect Donald Trump’s daughter, has been calling members of Congress about child care legislation, a transition source told CNN.

The source said she’s been calling Ways and Means committee members, female members of Congress she met on the Hill in September with Republican Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers and other members of Congress.

….

In September, the President-elect unveiled a set of policy proposals aimed at making child care more affordable during a speech in suburban Pennsylvania.

Trump, speaking alongside Ivanka, said he would seek to make child care expenses tax deductible for families earning less than $500,000 and called for establishing tax-free accounts to be used for child care and child enrichment activities.

He also called for guaranteeing six weeks’ maternity leave by extending unemployment insurance benefits to working mothers whose employers do not offer paid maternity leave.

….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #12178

ConservativeGranny #12179

Trump is exceeding my low expectations of him and dragging the Presidency down to new levels of corruption. Even I, curmudgeon that I am didn’t think he’d go this low.

EVERYDAY #12181

How much are we taxpayers paying Ivanka for her services?

I suppose the Trump fans won’t object because they are expecting to receive the benefits of this childcare legislation. Seems their objections to Obama’s giveaways were because they were not receiving those benefits They don’t care that Trump is liberal so long as the benefits will apply to them.

Wait till they find out they will be paying through the nose for all of these freebies and they won’t benefit from them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.