South Carolina Republican tests positive for coronavirus hours after speaking on House floor

Source: The Hill | December 16, 2020 | Celine Castronuovo

South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson (R) on Wednesday announced that he tested positive for COVID-19 just hours after speaking on the House floor about the Trump administration’s Operation Warp Speed and the beginnings of vaccine distribution across the country.

“Earlier this evening I learned that I have tested positive for COVID-19,” Wilson said in a statement Wednesday. “I will be taking all necessary precautions, as directed by the House Physician, including quarantining through the Christmas holiday.” 

“Thankfully I feel fine and do not have any symptoms,” the GOP congressman added. “It is so important that we all do our part to help prevent the spread of this virus.”

Earlier Wednesday, Wilson appeared on the House floor to praise the development of a coronavirus vaccine, quoting a Washington Times editorial saying, “The life-saving COVID-19 vaccine that he [President Trump] promised to deliver has arrived in record time. Hallelujah.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.