Steve Deace: When will conservatives stop lying to themselves?

Source: Steve Deace | March 9, 2017 | Steve Deace

Since Obamacare was passed, we have had four elections. In those four elections, Democrats have lost over 900 times!

Let me repeat that: over 900 times!

The only election within those four they won was when Romneycare was also on the ballot. Obamacare has played at least a partial role in decimating the Democrat party nationwide.

And yet Republicans won’t truly repeal it now, which also means the over 50 times House GOP leadership voted beforehand to truly repeal Obamacare were all shams. They lied to you, with every one of those votes.

These people aren’t dumb. Stop lying to yourself with that garbage, which I agree is preferable to the truth but is still a lie. They’re also not cowards, another lie also preferable to the truth. They’ve seen Obamacare decimate their political rivals, even with a sympathetic media carrying their water.

The truth is, they’re just not that into you, conservative. You are wasting your time in this party. You are led by people that don’t share your beliefs, which is why they always sabotage them when they have the power to enforce them.

And every moment you spend forcing yourself to believe otherwise, is another moment putting off what you will eventually acknowledge later must be done. I know, I once was there myself not so long ago. Then when it was decided to trade in the GOP sham for a clown show, I finally had to admit I really don’t belong here.

So I don’t.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.