Target Stock Drops After Store Announces Controversial ‘Inclusivity’ Policy

Source: The Blaze | April 29, 2016 | Tré Goins-Phillips

Following the Target Corporation’s decision to allow transgender customers and employees to use whichever bathroom they prefer, the retail brand’s stock has slightly fallen.

The drop may be nothing more than a coincidence, but Target’s stock price has dipped by 5.8 percent since April 19, when the store first announced the “inclusivity” policy.

….

Shares of Target Corporation Common Stock (TGT) have fallen from $84.14 a share on April 19 to $79.27 a share as of Friday evening, 10 days after the transgender policy was enacted.

The stock price had fallen by 2.52 percent on Friday alone, as of 4 p.m. Ultimately, the drop “would represent a corporate loss of over $2.5 billion,” according to the Family Policy Institute.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #5508

liberty #5509

I drifted away from going to Target. I wasn’t going very often. Now I will just skip it, there are other places to shop.

ConservativeGranny #5512

Good. I hope it hits them really hard on the bottom line.

EVERYDAY #5516

Well, I was bad. I shopped at Target yesterday. But I didn’t use the restrooms.

If this nonsense spreads everywhere, I can see the profits for companies that make incontinence products going up.

Consistent #5520

Neverdul #5525

Is anyone proposing to boycott Trump owned properties since he basically indicated the same policy as Target – said that Caitlyn Jenner could use whatever bathroom “she” wanted?

EVERYDAY #5526

Do you have a list? Obviously, anything with the Trump name on it, but there could be others without his name in which he has an ownership interest.

Neverdul #5535

Do you have a list? Obviously, anything with the Trump name on it, but there could be others without his name in which he has an ownership interest.

A lot of his businesses have his name on them (Trump This, Trump That) but I guess you could go to http://www.trump.com/

But probably for the most complete list, look at his FEC filing. Many of these are holding companies.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2175187/trump.pdf

EVERYDAY #5536

Thanks Neverdul.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.