Texas woman who took private plane to DC charged with participating in riot

Source: The Hill | January 15, 2021 | Lexi Lonas

Jenna Ryan, a real estate broker from Frisco, Texas, who took a private plane to Washington, D.C., last week, has joined those charged over the pro-Trump riot at the Capitol, which she documented on social media, The Dallas Morning News reports.

The criminal complaint filed Friday reportedly showed Ryan charged with “knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority” and “disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.”

Authorities were able to identify Ryan at the riot because of her social media, according to the Morning News, which reported that she live-streamed herself walking to the Capitol saying, “Life or death, it doesn’t matter. Here we go.”

She added: “Y’all know who to hire for your realtor, Jenna Ryan for your realtor.”

Ryan posted on Facebook that she broke into the Capitol and told a reporter at Candysdirt.com that she and her fellow participants were “front-line patriots.”

“Then they were like, ‘someone got shot in there,’ and we were like, we don’t care because our freedom is more important to us than our lives because the whole premise is give us liberty or give us death,” she said. “We are front-line patriots who are fighting for liberty.”

Ryan also told local station Fox4 in an interview that she did not believe she would get arrested.

“I do not feel that I did anything wrong, in fact, I felt that I did something noble and I’m proud of being there,” she said.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.