‘The guy should be fired on the spot’: Fauci rebukes Fox News host over…

Source: Politico | December 21, 2021 | Quint Forgey

‘The guy should be fired on the spot’: Fauci rebukes Fox News host over violent rhetoric

Jesse Watters encouraged attendees at a conservative conference to rhetorically “ambush” the president’s chief medical adviser.

Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, on Tuesday called on Fox News to fire host Jesse Watters for targeting him with violent rhetoric at a conservative conference earlier this week.

“That’s awful that he said that. And he’s going to go, very likely, unaccountable,” Fauci told CNN of Watters’ remarks. “I mean, whatever network he’s on is not going to do anything for him. I mean, that’s crazy. The guy should be fired on the spot.”

Speaking on Monday at Turning Point USA’s AmericaFest conference, Watters encouraged attendees to rhetorically “ambush” Fauci with dubious questions about the National Institutes of Health allegedly funding “gain-of-function” research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

“Now you go in for the kill shot. The kill shot? With an ambush? Deadly. Because he doesn’t see it coming,” Watters said.

Fauci — who is President Joe Biden’s chief medical adviser and has served for 37 years as director of NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases — on Tuesday described Watters’ remarks as “horrible.”

“The only thing that I have ever done throughout these two years is to encourage people to practice good public health practices: to get vaccinated, to be careful in public settings, to wear a mask,” Fauci said. “And for that, you have some guy out there saying that people should be giving me a kill shot to ambush me? I mean, what kind of craziness is there in society these days?”

Fox News declined to comment on the record on whether it endorses Watters’ remarks or plans to take disciplinary action against him. Fox News also did not respond to a request for comment on Fauci’s critique of the network.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #51219

Consistent #51220

EVERYDAY #51225

There will be those who won’t get the “rhetorical” part and will try to harm Dr. Fauci and his family. Watters’s remarks were irresponsible, but of course, nothing will happen to him because of those remarks. I pray Dominion wins its lawsuit against Fox so maybe the media giant will tank, so Watters and the other Fox “journalists” will be out of work.

And by the way, neither Watters nor anyone else at that conference or the conference sponsor are conservatives.

Consistent #51230

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.