‘They’re not here to hurt me’: Hutchinson says Trump OK’d weapons at..rally

Source: Politico | June 28, 2022 | Kyle Cheney, Betsy Woodruff Swan and Nicholas Wu

‘They’re not here to hurt me’: Hutchinson says Trump OK’d weapons at Jan. 6 rally

The former right hand to Trump’s White House chief of staff gave investigators significant new details about the Capitol siege.

Minutes before Donald Trump took the stage at an Ellipse rally on Jan. 6, 2021, he urged the Secret Service to remove security magnetometers to let in people with weapons because “they’re not here to hurt me,” a former top White House aide told the Jan. 6 select committee on Tuesday.

Cassidy Hutchinson also testified to the panel about concerns raised by her former boss, then-White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, about 100 hours before a violent mob stormed the Capitol on the day Trump had marked to subvert the 2020 election.

“Things might get real, real bad,” Hutchinson recalled Meadows telling her on Jan. 2, 2021.

Hutchinson’s comments came at the outset of an explosive public hearing of the select committee focused on her insights into the machinations by Trump, Meadows and their allies in the runup to Jan. 6. Her knowledge, informed by being present in nearly every meeting involving Meadows during the post-election period, have quickly propelled Hutchinson into a prominent role for Capitol riot investigators.

……..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #54084

Consistent #54085

Consistent #54086

Consistent #54087

Consistent #54088

Consistent #54089

Consistent #54090

Consistent #54107

Consistent #54119

Consistent #54120

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.