Trump announces tariffs on Mexico over immigration

Source: The Hill | May 30, 2019 | Rafael Bernal

President Trump announced late Thursday that he would implement a 5 percent tariff on imports from Mexico starting June 10, “until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico.”

“On June 10th, the United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into our Country from Mexico, until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP. The Tariff will gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied,..” Trump tweeted.

………

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #29802

Consistent #29803

Consistent #29804

Here go, avocado and the stock market!

Consistent #29805

Consistent #29810

Consistent #29814

EVERYDAY #29819

Dow was already down by about 300 points this morning. At about 243 right now — who knows where it will be at close. This loss is in addition to losses for most of the last several days, thanks to the China trade war.

But see, according to Trump and his worshipers — this is all good because it will stem the invasion of illegals from Mexico and all of these tarriffs will eventually lead to a stronger economy and more manufacturing jobs returned to the US. Of course, both are lies. I even had one Trump fan tell me I am unpatriotic or something because I still want to buy a cheaper product from Mexico or China or wherever instead of paying more for the same product made here.

Thing is, a lot of the items made overseas are no longer made in the US and they still won’t be as long as it is less expensive to make those items elsewhere. Manufacturing jobs are not coming back to the US. The unions have seen to that.

And the invasion of illegals will continue — so long as the US welcomes them and gives them free food, clothing, shelter, medical care and so forth.

ConservativeGranny #29821

Our 401K is back to 2018 levels.Might as well take the rest of it. I don’t understand how any older American would still support Trump. And younger ones are going to find fewer jobs as older Americans can’t afford to retire.

EVERYDAY #29826

I’ve heard some people say they are taking out their money and putting it under the mattress. I’ve even said I would to that too. Only problem is, with the feds printing so much paper, our cash is becoming worthless.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.